November 19, 2010

Thirteen: A Pat On The Back For Mr. Valentino

It has been three months since I grabbed for Vogue's big September 2010 Issue and I have to confess that I have not read it or flipped thoroughly through the whole thing cover to cover, but regardless I was still in awe.. Not of Vogue's major issue, but of Valentino's major dress.


Valentino's 2010 ad campaign by David Sims (British fashion photographer) is amazing. He captured the beauty of the white dress perfectly and I can't imagine it done any other way. The ad pictured is not exactly the one that was put into the September Issue, the only difference being there was a naked girl on the left, but there are many versions since it was a whole entire ad campaign. 

I yearn for this dress. Scallop edges have got to become the new thing. Lace has lasted us through for a while now and I think it's time for a spotlight change.. I would love to see scallop edged dresses, skirts, and shorts hit the runways and stores (Definitely adding those onto my must-find, must-buy, must-have list).

The Sartorialist also captured I believe an editor wearing the dress during one of the Fashion weeks.. Of course she paired it with what people are calling the 'it-shoe' of the season, also from Valentino.


Just on a side note.. My sister got to attend Valentino's Spring 2011 show during Paris Fashion Week and I don't think I have ever been so jealous of her in my life.

2 comments:

  1. I like the scarf.



    check out my blog: kentuckyprep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of scallop edges, i got a sequined shirt with scallop sleeves and edges for you at a vintage store. idk if you'll like it though... we'll see in december -_-

    ReplyDelete