November 21, 2010

Fourteen: Hire Me

For the past two weekends I've been playing make-up artist/hair stylist for Allie, one of my best girlfriends at school. It's formal season and lucky lady got asked to two of them! She asked me to do her hair and make-up and of course, I gladly accepted. I'm no serious make-up artist or hair stylist (I like to pretend), but I've made up girls for Homecoming, Prom, and Graduation in high school and continued on in college.

Last week, I did a simple tease/curl and a light smokey eye, but we stepped it up a bit yesterday and went for an up-do and a dark smokey eye. 

I wanted a simple, yet romantic up-do and I think it was executed exactly the way I imagined. After too much teasing and using up the entire bottle of hair-spray.. I added a little braid to spice it up a bit and this is what I came up with: 



Of course, I look gross next to her (I didn't come prepared enough), but I had so much fun and I can't wait for my opportunity for some hair and make-up playtime!

3 comments:

  1. wow that is a pretty 'do! :) can you make mine like that too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks great...but you, too. such a cute smile darling!

    burcu

    ReplyDelete