November 8, 2010

Eight: Romp Time

Too often I stand in front of my closet and browse for something to wear and come up with nothing. I mean, I try to come up with these outfits that not only look effortless, but are effortless, but sadly, that's just not me. I'm too anal and put together to create a flawless outfit without making my brain work. But the annoying thing is, your brain can't work everyday, which is why we all have those days where we hit an outfit roadblock. To make it worse, if you hit a roadblock it usually means it's a fat day, short day, mean day, and everything bad.. Please tell me I'm not alone.

Thankfully, I'm not really alone though because the Fashion Gods have blessed us with the ROMPER.

Foreign Exchange romper
Gold/pearl long necklace (refer to #Seven)
Michael Kors gold/mop watch (refer to #Seven)
Hello Kitty Silly Bandz (refer to #Seven)
Not pictured: Gap dark brown t-strap sandals

I know this trend started a year or two ago and I think I swore that I would never, ever, ever romp, but the times have changed. This past summer, after finding the first perfect one at Target (perfect fit, pattern, and price), the romper has taken charge. The thing about the romper is one romper makes a whole entire outfit. Your top AND your bottom is already all figured out and adding other parts to your outfit becomes easy peasy and never entirely necessary. Basic cardigan or blazer.. Long necklace? Some everyday sandals. And you're d-o-n-e.

You think something so wonderful would cost an arm and leg, but yet again the Fashion Gods have decided to be generous to us strugglers. For just the price of $20-$30, the romper will give you a simple solution to a fashion roadblock, change up a fat day to a mini flab day (sucking-in is always included, sorry), and will show off your versatility from day to night with just a shoe change. I mean, you can spend more or less, but I personally wouldn't spend more than $30 unless you're absolutely IN love or if you feel like just being a big spender$$$$$$$.

GO ROMP!

1 comment:

  1. almost persuaded me. But I still won't romp. Did you hear Yael's coming to visit Cali? :) Super excited!!!

    ReplyDelete