November 2, 2010

Seven: Daily Frosting

Michael Kors gold/mop watch
Long gold and pearl chain necklace stolen from my sister
Black and gold bead bracelet from Kitson
White Hello Kitty silly band
Thrifted plate

These are my top choices when I decide to 'frost myself'. I have a lot more jewelry strewn everywhere, but I pull those out for special occasions. These four items are my daily or my favorite go-to items.

I wear my watch everyday. I do have a silver watch I use to wear all the time, but I believe the boyfriend watch is no longer just a trend, but an accessory that'll stick around. My favorite part about this watch is the feminine touch the mother of pearl face gives to the overall bulky watch. I love completing my look everyday with this and it is still available at Nordstrom (Christmas is around the corner).

I'm not sure if this is a common mishap, but I have broken every single long necklace I have ever owned. This particular one I stole from my sister during the summer and it still is gracing me with its presence and hopefully will continue doing so for a very long time. I'm sure it wasn't a very pricey item, but my hunt for the perfect long necklace has ended as long as I have this one around my neck. I'm generally very, very picky with jewelry after seeing what stores like Forever21 carry, so I always look for a vintage-y metal with not too many dangles and something that doesn't look like it took $2 to make, but still moderately priced. I wouldn't mind adding a couple more to my collection, but I still have yet to find another necklace I would wear.

Stacking friendships bracelets or even bracelets with no meaning have come back in the last year or two. I have tried this trend, but I've decided it's not the one for me. Regardless, the black and gold beaded from Kitson is still one of my favorites and it actually is a friendship bracelet.

Silly bandz have also been quite the trend recently. To be honest, I am not really a big fan, but I found these Hello Kitty silly bandz that are adorable. It does lose shape once it's on your wrist, but the ribbon is what sets it apart to other silly bandz and adds a playful touch to your general outfit. I purchased these on Amazon on a Sunday night and expected them as a nice little treat at the end of a hard week, full of midterms (-;

1 comment:

  1. lol thanks... 'i'm sure it wasn't a very pricey item...'

    hahha but you're right. it was thrifted!

    ReplyDelete