November 9, 2010

Nine: Seasons

Fashion's existence is credited to the many masterminds who live and breathe for the industry, but we can't forget something so simple as fall, winter, spring, and summer. Individuals who create will come and go, but seasons will never cease.

With one glance at me, it's obvious I'm a total So-Cal girl.. I live in shorts, dresses, sandals, and I rather be numb than dress appropriately for a chilly night, but the truth is I was born and raised in Palo Alto, California, where seasons do exist. Until now, I simply chose to ignore low temperatures and the possible thought of more clothing options. The thought of fall/winter fashion terrified me, I mean summer is so easy.. 

The change of season only challenges the fashion industry and myself, but this year I'm ready to layer on. My recent obsession with jackets with a purpose other than keeping you warm and the adorable bow tights I bought in Korea during my vacation in May that have yet to leave my drawers only adds to my excitement to go home for Thanksgiving and winter break.

On a more personal note, I cannot wait to be reunited with my family and friends (some who I have not seen in over a year)! Graduating, I could not wait to get out of Palo Alto, but I can't wait to go back to shopping at Stanford mall and walking the lit downtown streets.

The tree pictured above is one of my favorites. It sits right in front of my house and in the middle of our cul-de-sac. I especially loved it when my dad wrapped the tree with Christmas lights and turning onto our street was almost magical when it was the first thing you saw. Cross your fingers for lights this year!

2 comments:

  1. Palo Alto does not have seasons. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gets cold and everything.. Compared to So-Cal at least!

    ReplyDelete