December 8, 2010

Eighteen: @Taco Bell

The road-trip to and from Malibu and Palo Alto is always a long, boring and fatty one. Allie and I always make a stop at a fast food "restaurant" to indulge ourselves. Last week we stopped at Taco Bell and while I was wearing fat pants and a fat jacket (Ugh), I spotted someone in line that made me immediately regret my outfit choice.

What initially caught my eye was her 'woman-on-the-go' appearance. There is always something about a woman who seems to have too much on her plate and be flawlessly and effortlessly put together. She made a good choice with the Foley + Corinna Disco City Bag that has been sitting in my 'Shopping' bookmark, but my favorite part of her outfit was the clutch she was holding.  

I momentarily forgot about this whole clutch situation until I walked into American Apparel this past Friday while shopping in Santa Monica and I automatically remembered how cute the woman in Taco Bell looked with the pouch. Some people might think it's stupid to have a pouch AND a purse, but if you think about it, purses like my Longchamp end up being a big black hole that eats everything up. Alternatively, if you don't want to lug around your weight in a purse and stick with a few basics like your phone, keys, wallet, chapstick, etc.. I would shove it all into a pouch and stick it under my arm. And I just think it's chic.

American Apparel Medium Leather Carry-All Pouch - $45
The tan pictured is a different tan in person (better live), but the medium size is perfect and I actually want all the colors.

Other alternatives:
1. Halston Heritage Jenny Leather Folded Clutch - $195
2. Carin Wester Milano Bag - $220
3. Jenny Bird Perforated Leather Clutch - $252





P.S. Apologizes for my disappearance. School and work have both been killers and my biffle, Christine is here with me all the way from Chicago for a visit. Must entertain my guest (-;

2 comments:

  1. Really interesting and worth reading. I should get one :)

    I love your way of writing. Great blog.

    www.fromanedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog. I really like the J.Crew boyfriend shirt. Honestly I could probably use more denim haha.

    xoxo,
    socal citizens

    ReplyDelete