January 8, 2011

Twenty2: Easy On The Pocketbook


I've noticed the recent obsession over this Yves Saint Laurent Iconic Arty Oval Ring and after obsessing over it a little myself, I sadly could not get myself to dish out $195 for such a beauty. I mean, it's not something I can say I got forever ago and lie to my parents about something I probably should not have purchased according to their anti-shopaholic tendencies (Sad face). Additionally, I knew that I would find another ring not as perfect as the real deal, but good enough for a much, much lower price.

Which I did.. Many spring collections seem to have presented similar options, but Topshop's recent new additions stole the show. Obviously, the rings are not identical matches and the difference in price is great, but Topshop's choice of stones and attention to the gold detailed band is worthy of comparison. It easily schools Forever21's attempt and although Topshop is around five times the price of Forever21, it is much well worth the extra bucks and is in my opinion, still reasonable.

(* = Personal favorite)

Alternatively, if you are destined to be with the YSL one itself, they are available on the online store with the exception of the turquoise, which is now available on eBay.

4 comments:

  1. #4 looks very similar to the ysl! crazy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable rings. People should always wear rings. If you han nothing to do, you could just look at people's hands. Um, strange thought. Anyway, lovely blog!
    xoxo from Sweden
    /Emma

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green one is gorgeous!!! Oh gosh. Now I feel like getting that! Hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these rings!! :)

    www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete